Hiking, car-camping, or backpacking – no matter what kind of activity you prefer, every time when you’re planning next trip, the question is usually asked, “What am I going to eat?”
Trail Chef App will give you an easy and organized way to create a mouthwatering backpacking menu.
With over 60 trail-tested recipes and options to add your own customized food, you can prearrange your backpacking meals in categories, get their nutritional info and plan daily menu according to your activities!
Trail Chef App is made to be your best travel companion no matter where you located in the world - it is designed to be still of use even without an internet connection!
- All recipes are available offline. No Internet connection needed
- Conversion to metric or imperial units
- Custom designed icons and infographics
- Colourful pictures
- 60+ trail tested, easy-to-follow recipes
- Special recipe categories: lightweight, vegetarian, one-pot etc
- Mark recipes as favourite to quickly add them to a plan
- “Add your own food&recipes” feature
Menu Planning Tool:
- Meal planning by day, by physical activity level or daily caloric needs
- Daily menu summary – weight of food and calorie density
- Summary of the whole plan – total food weight, average number of calories, etc
- Menu plan and “on-the-trail” cooking instructions export
Ratings and reviews:
by Ryan Rankin, The Amateur Outdoorsman Blog - Aug 25, 2015
Along with working full time and my other responsibilities, if there’s a piece of gear that makes planning for a hike less time consuming, remove some of the stress, and adds to the overall enjoyment of my hike, then that’s something I would want to test out. And that’s exactly what the meal planning app by Trail.Recipes’s Trail Chef App does.
by Sliders919 - Version - 1.21 - Aug 13, 2015
Well laid out, great recipes, easy to use. Perfect. And most of the recipes needn't be saved for camping / trail trips.....some great ideas for quick and easy meals. Only complaint would be some of the non-international ingredients but they're easy enough to find a substitute.
by Sierra Davis, Seattle Backpackers Magazine Author - Aug 4, 2015
Before using the app, I thought there was no way I wanted to incorporate anything digital into my backcountry experience. I hit the trail to get away from my phone and my email, and the last thing I want to do is bring them with me.
However, after getting more familiar with the app, I realized the bulk of its use occurs before you’re on the trail—and it proved extremely helpful in planning out what I would need to pack for each meal and, more importantly, what prep could be done at home to speed up meal time on the trail. Read more...